Training Courses – Summer School 2019
Introduction to Cancer Epidemiology
17-28 June 2019, IARC, Lyon, France
The course will focus on the practical application of epidemiological principles and methods to various cancer control activities, ranging from the search for the causes of cancer to the implementation and evaluation of control programmes.
- Introduction to biostatistics
- Measures of occurrence and association
- Descriptive epidemiological studies in cancer surveillance and research
- Cohort, case-control and cross-sectional studies
- Bias and confounding
- Effect modification
- Current topics in cancer epidemiology
- Cancer prevention
- Critically read epidemiological papers (e.g. research papers, governmental documents) and apply the results to their work;
- Design epidemiological studies;
- Design and perform epidemiological studies in collaboration with IARC.
APPLY HERE – Deadline for application is 15 January 2019.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT: IARC Courses Programme
International Agency for Research on Cancer
150 cours Albert Thomas
Tel: +33 4 72 73 80 72
Fax: +33 4 72 73 80 80