Training Courses – Summer School 2017
Please note that there is exceptionally no IARC Summer School in 2018. The Summer School 2019 will be announced in November 2018.
INTRODUCTION TO CANCER EPIDEMIOLOGY – Module 2 (two weeks, 26 June-7 July 2017)
The course will focus on the practical application of epidemiological principles and methods to various cancer control activities, ranging from the search for the causes of cancer to the implementation and evaluation of control programmes.
- Introduction to biostatistics
- Measures of occurrence and association
- Descriptive epidemiological studies in cancer surveillance and research
- Cohort, case-control and cross-sectional studies
- Bias and confounding
- Effect modification
- Current topics in cancer epidemiology
- Cancer prevention
At the end of this module, and depending on their profile and needs, participants will be able to:
- Critically read epidemiological papers (e.g. research papers, governmental documents) and apply the results to their work;
- Design epidemiological studies;
- Design and perform epidemiological studies in collaboration with IARC.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT: IARC Courses Programme
International Agency for Research on Cancer
150 cours Albert Thomas
Tel: +33 4 72 73 80 72
Fax: +33 4 72 73 80 80